An Early Encounter with the Enemy (Intermezzo)

/
0 Comments
A tornado ripped through Moore, Oklahoma yesterday. Moore is roughly a twenty minute drive from my house, so while we were in no proximity to danger, the extremem loss is so close that it hurts in a special, initmate way. I feel a numbness today. It's as if my emotions are so constant and intense that my body offsets this with a physical apathy. Only sitting and staring feels good.

People are praying for the victims, the survivors, and their families. Why? The same god who allowed a tornado to kill their loved ones is now going to provide comfort to the hurting. The same god who created a world with tornados is now to provide comfort to those who have experienced the worst type of loss that the world offers? That sounds like a classic Vito Corleone-type of racket to me. I feel anger.

Why don't schools in Oklahoma have storm shelters? Schools need storm shelters. They're absence is nothing but irresponsible. 


You may also like

No comments: