Because I do not Hope to Turn

/
0 Comments

I few years ago I had a friend give up Facebook for Lent. I check Facebook throughout the day just to see what is going on, but I'm not really a person who is addicted to it. Nonetheless, I have the feeling that it takes away from me more than I really would like to give. When Gretchen traveled to Ethiopia, we didn't have internet access--it was available, we'd just have to go out of our way to access it. It was really nice to not have email or Facebook or any of the other things internet-related for a short while.

I think I'd like to just give up the internet for Lent, but that seems unrealistic at this point in my life. Too many things, like bills, to which I need to give attention. So, I am giving up Facebook for Lent. That should be challenging enough because I do rely on it to a vast extent. So, after I post this on Facebook, I'll be signing off until after Easter. I hope to still blog during this time. If you feel so inclined, you can interact with me there, or maybe in real life...if anyone does that any more.


You may also like

No comments: