Grass (Let Me Work)

/
0 Comments

Gretchen and the Queen Bee went out of town for the weekend. Sharkdog and I stayed home to try to accomplish a few things that have proven too difficult to complete under the normal, everyday circumstances of life. As it always seems to be, I didn't accomplish all that I had hoped to do, but I did sleep in Saturday morning. While that wasn't on my list, it sure was nice nonetheless.

It seems that everything that happens now in my OKC life has a counterpart from my Vienna life that I reflect upon. For example, each September, Gretchen went to this women's retreat in west Austria. It was about a week long. I kept thinking about this last September when she went and I spent so much of that week cleaning. I thought that I would give the apartment a really solid scrubbing, clean every corner, and then it would be easier to just tidy up the place over the next few months when our daughter would come home.

I wonder how long until these memories start to fade? I wonder how long until my Vienna life is hidden from my life now? We thought we would live out our lives in Vienna, but I guess we'll live it out here, or some place other than here.

I don't mind. I like it here. It'll be nice when this oppressive heat is gone.

There were plenty of frustrating things about Vienna for certain, but there were a lot of good things too. This is life. This happens.

This is a thing that happens.


You may also like

No comments: