The Right Attitude in the Work Place

/
0 Comments

I don't know what type of job I'm going to have. I might work in a warehouse or I might work in an office (with air conditioning!), but what I do know is that, when I get a job, I want to have a positive attitude about it. I've worked in places where the overall tone is so negative that you just want to go home and kill yourself! At first, the negativity didn't really impact me but, as time moved on, I became like everyone else: complaining, unhappy, constant discontent, refusal to enjoy anything, refusal to believe anything positive about the company. I hate places like that, and I suppose that I hope I don't end up in such a work environment but, if I do, I'm going to approach it much differently than last time (I was 19 when I worked this miserable job and like to think I've learned a thing or two since then).

It's not that workers don't have reasonable complaints. The job I had at 19, it was really bad! The complaints were valid, but everyone had been sucked into this cycle of negativity that no one was allowed to be positive. No one was allowed to help make things better. If I end up in a negative environment, I don't want to become like that environment. I don't want to be miserable about anything anymore. I want to help people, and the company, become a good, positive place to be. I know that's not easy. Complaining is always easy. There are always valid complaints, but the right way to deal with those things is to believe that they can be improved with the right attitude.

After you have a job for a while, it's just easy to take it for granted. I guess that's what I'm really trying to say. When I get a job, even if it isn't ideal or perfect, I don't want to take it for granted. I want to be a positive force in the work place that people enjoy working with. I want to be a person who helps others move past negativity so that people enjoy the job.

I hope I get this opportunity soon.


You may also like

No comments: