Evernote and Zotero

/
0 Comments

For years, I've used the Firefox browser primarily because of the Zotero add-on. But, since I'm now doing the majority of my computing from an iPad, Firefox is not an option. Only Apple's browser Safari is available on iPad, as far as I know. In any event, Firefox is not available on iPad and it is the only browser on which Zotero runs. Zotero is a tool to document and store research and, while I'm not currently enrolled in school, most of what I do seems to transpire through my mind in a research oriented fashion; I use Zotero to keep track of things I'm thinking about, writing about, or things in which I am otherwise interested.

Last week I started using Evernote as an alternative to Zotero. Since I'm not actually writing research papers, I don't need the annotation features of Zotero. I just need a place to store and categorize the things that I'm studying. Evernote seems to serve that purpose well enough. Plus, Evernote has applications for iPad, Mac OS, Windows, and a web application, all of which will grant you access to your Evernote account. That's kind of cool.

However, I am unable to log in to the web app on my iPad. When I click the "sign in" button it sends me to the Evernote iPad application, which doesn't currently offer all of the features of the web application. As far as I can tell, in order to add to your Evernote from an iPad, you email links to your Evernote account. I basically just need a place to save and categorize the things I want to read on the internet and I think that Evernote will be good enough. Not as good as Zotero, but good enough.


You may also like

No comments: